Alabama Censuses & Substitute Name Lists, 1702-2014 - Second Edition; by William Dollarhide; 87 pp., Published: 2017; paper; 8.5x11; ISBN: 9781628591651; Item # FR0209-2
This printed book is currently available with a FREE immediate download of a PDF ebook of the same title.
After downloading the FREE eBook, click on "File" in the Adobe Acrobat menu bar at the top of the screen, then click on "Save As," and save to a location on your hard drive or other storage device.
William Dollarhide is best known as the co-author and cartographer of Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, a book of 393 census year maps, and one of the bestselling titles ever published in the field of genealogy. Mr. Dollarhide currently lives in Washington. He has written numerous guidebooks related to genealogical research.
With this series of genealogical guides, William Dollarhide continues his long tradition of writing books that family historians find useful in their day-to-day United States research. Bill's Name List guides give a state-by-state listing of what name lists are available, where to find them, and how they can be used to further one's research.
Name lists are key to success in any genealogical endeavor. Name lists, be they national, state, county, or even city or town in scope, can help nail down the precise place where one's ancestor may have lived. And if that can be done, further records, usually found on a local level, will now be accessible to research. But success depends on knowing where the ancestor resided. This is where Dollarhide's Name List guides can make the difference.
Not only does this volume give a detailed bibliography of Name Lists available for the state, but links to websites, FHL book & microfilm numbers, archive references, maps, and key historical information make this volume invaluable to the researcher looking to extend their lines and fill in the family tree.
I recommend it to any genealogist, beginner or advanced, that had ancestors in the state. - Leland K. Meitzler, Editor – GenealogyBlog.com, Publisher – Family Roots Publishing Co., LLC
This book is also available as a PDF ebook only.
- Alabama Maps & Illustrations
- Map: Roads from Philadelphia to New Orleans by 1806
- Map: 1820 Map of Alabama
- Map: 1810 West Florida Annexation
- Alabama Censuses & Substitute Name Lists
- Alabama's Historical Timeline 1519-1820
Alabama's Colonial, Territorial and Statewide Censuses
- Online Databases Available at ADAH
- Bibliography of Alabama Censuses & Substitutes Name Lists
- U.S. Maps and Nationwide Censuses & Substitutes
- U.S. Maps
- 1763 British North America
- 1783-1802 U.S. Boundaries & State Land Cessions
- 1790 United States
- 1800 United States
- 1810 United States
- 1820 United States
- 1830 United States
- 1840 United States
- 1850 United States
- 1860 United States
- 1870-1880 United States
- 1890-1940 United States
- Nationwide Censuses & Substitutes
- National Look-up Sites Online
- Bibliography of National Lists, 1600s – Present
The following Name List Guides, all written by William Dollarhide, may be purchased from Family Roots Publishing Co.:
- Alabama Name Lists 1702-2006, with a selection of National Name Lists, 1600s – Present
- PDF eBook: Alabama Name Lists 1702-2006, with a selection of National Name Lists, 1600s – Present
- Alabama Name Lists 1702-2006, Second Edition, with a selection of National Name Lists, 1600s – Present
- PDF eBook: Alabama Name Lists 1702-2006, Second Edition, with a selection of National Name Lists, 1600s – Present
- District of Columbia
- Indiana - both First and Second Editions
- Indiana Name Lists, Published and Online Censuses & Substitutes 1783-2007, with a selection of National Name Lists, 1600s – Present (published 2014)
- PDF eBook: Indiana Name Lists, Published and Online Censuses & Substitutes 1783-2007, with a selection of National Name Lists, 1600s – Present (published 2014)
- Indiana Censuses & Substitute Name Lists 1780 - 2008 - Second Edition, with a selection of National Name Lists, 1600s – Present (published 2017)
- PDF eBook: Indiana Censuses & Substitute Name Lists 1780 - 2008 - Second Edition, with a selection of National Name Lists, 1600s – Present (published 2017)
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- U.S. Territories